Saturday, July 31, 2010

End of Our Summer Visit

Today has been a tough day. I dropped Cam and Blake off at the airport today, so that they could fly back to Iowa and Blake could be returned to his mom on Sunday.

Ending a visit with Blake is never easy, after having him for six weeks it is almost unbearable. I know it is going to be even more tough for Cam when I pick him up at the airport tomorrow. We had such a great summer and I hope to post some pictures soon. I was trying to spend as much time with Blake as we could, so I haven't posted much. Hopefully over the next couple of weeks I can catch up!

Blake was sad to leave today and I was given tons of kisses and hugs. I love hearing Blake say my name, it sounds like Bagon instead of Megan and it is just precious.

He said goodbye to his room, to his Texas house, to Ruby and Bailey and he kept asking why I wasn't coming along. I packed a secret surprise in his backpack that included a card with toy story stickers, and a Cars coloring book complete with markers. Cam sent me several videos of Blake saying goodbye, saying he loved me, and then his reaction to his surprise. It was adorable and I cried the whole way home.

Our house is so quiet, Blake's laughter and monster truck noises will be terribly missed. I cannot wait for our September visit and I am so excited that Blake is coming back to Texas for Christmas. I cannot wait to celebrate Christmas in our home as a family and have Santa visit Blake here. It is going to be so much fun.

I know it is all part of the gig but that doesn't make it any easier. I look forward to getting my husband back tomorrow, but it just will not be the same without our little Blakey.



2 comments:

  1. You are clearly so great to him. He is lucky to have you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so sweet Megan! He sounds like an adorable little man! Just found your blog!!! :)

    ReplyDelete