Thursday, October 21, 2010

Busy Month

Work has been super busy lately. My travel has picked up a little bit and involved going to Houston and Chicago this month, with some other account visits in the metroplex. I normally love getting out of the office for account visits, but work has been so busy lately its been hard to keep up and find enough hours in the day.

I feel like I am finally back on track from having Blake here. I am getting back into my old groove and am back to getting things done. While he was here I was so busy, then when he left it felt like I had nothing to do, and I stopped taking care of things I needed to get done. I guess I needed the break or something, but am happy to report I am back! Now I just need to get back to my regualr gym visits and all will be well. Cam and I have been going to the gym a couple mornings a week but its not easy getting up at 5am.

Cam has been traveling a lot lately, last week he was in Charlotte, NC on a boys trip and this week he leaves Thursday for a business trip, which then turns into his Iowa visit to see Blake. He will be home Monday after work. I hate missing out on trips to visit Blake, but flying us both up there every month just doesn't make sense. I figure this way Blake gets some quality time with his Daddy, which I am sure he will enjoy. Thank goodness for technology, what did we ever do before? Hopefully we can webcam a couple of times and I can talk to him.

It is funny whenever we webcam with Blake (when he is with Cam's parents) he always asks to see both the puppies, and then he wants to see his room, and certain toys he has left behind. It amazes me what he remembers, and overtime we show him his big boy room he gets a huge smile on his face and giggles. His laugh is infectious.

Thanksgiving can not get here fast enough. I am going to spend the weekend doing some Christmas shopping for Blake and I am so excited about it!! We want to get him a bike, he will be 4 in March and is 53 inches tall. Have any of you bought a bike yet? I didn't know what size to buy and need to do some research before I go shopping. I know he will continue to grow so we want to get something he can ride for at least a couple of years. There are so many different sizes, I didn't know what would be best.

Getting to celebrate Christmas with a 3 1/2 year old makes it so exciting. I love the holiday season!!

2 comments:

  1. I still want to meet for dinner soon. This has nothing to do with your blog post, but I want to hang out :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also cannot wait to Christmas shop for Caroline. Once they understand, it is so much fun!

    ReplyDelete