Monday, January 24, 2011

FTM




Well as most of you know Cam and I are expecting a little baby girl July 14, 2011. I am beyond excited. I know Cam wanted a boy (don't they all!) but I really wanted to have a girl. Every time I go shopping for Blake and see all the cute girl clothes vs the small boys section I wish I could dress Blake in girls clothes. Not really, but once little peanut is here I will love that I can now shop in both sections.


Anyway I have been doing a ton of research, reading a ton of information but wanted to reach out to all my mommy friends and get advice on must haves, great buys, and things I need in order to survive the baby stage.


I also would love some input on good books to read for sleeping habits, and any advice on what to expect is very much appreciated!


I am 16 weeks and finally feeling better. I didn't realize it until this past weekend when all of the sudden I couldn't get full, no matter what I ate or how much, I was starving. Up until this weekend I hadn't had much of an appetite, and food wasn't something I looked forward to, I have a feeling that has now changed.


I am nervous about being a full time mom, but really excited God has blessed us with this little miracle. Since I am the planner type I am trying to get all the big decisions figured out early. We found a daycare we love for little peanut, and I will be putting down a deposit this week to reserve a place for her. We visited at least 10 or so different daycares, and as it gets closer I am going to interview with some in-home care options but since they can't determine their schedule until it gets closer I want to have the daycare as a backup. I am lucky to get 3 months off for maternity leave, and am really looking forward to bonding with little peanut, and getting that time just the two of us. While I know it will not be easy to go back to work, working is something I also very much enjoy so I felt like if I could find a place that would care for peanut as much as I would, and a place she and I loved, then it would be a good fit. The daycare we found was ranked the #1 daycare in the metroplex for 2010 and while it is expensive you can see why. The infant teachers were amazing, and the babies and older kids just really seemed to love being there. It had such a warm, home feel to it, it really fit all the things Cam and I were wanting in a daycare.


As an added bonus they will also be able to have Blake for the six weeks he spends with us in the summer so that will be nice to have both kids at the same place.


We found a great deal on baby furniture in a model home sale, we have gotten some great buys on craigslist, and things are really coming together. Later we will register for baby items but in the mean time we are going to start working on the nursery and getting things in order.


Hopefully now that we have more going on, I can keep this blog updated!

2 comments:

  1. Let's do dinner soon and you can pick my brain about anything and everything. I've got lots of mommy info in there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A girl!!!! Yea! You are going to LOVE it! I am so happy for you!

    ReplyDelete