Tuesday, February 22, 2011

20 Weeks



I am halfway through my pregnancy and cannot believe how fast time has flown. I know the remaining 20 weeks are going to be more intense then the first but I have to say its hilarious how many times I have felt little peanut kick me while writing this post. It just makes me smile, and sometimes I forget I am pregnant until I feel that kick, or look down and see my growing belly.

The second trimester has been a dream, and I am loving it. I have the best fingernails I have ever had, I keep trimming them and they grow back in what seems like a day. I love my growing figure and am excited to finally be looking somewhat pregnant. I could do without the extra back fat but it can't all be perfect right? I have gained 7 lbs in my 20 weeks, and my appetite has increased by 100. I think I could out-eat my husband on any given evening and he is 6ft 4in, and out weighs me by about 100 lbs.

I am trying to eat healthy choices on most days, but there are some days the cravings take over and I end up eating a cheeseburger with fries, finished up by girl scout cookies. I can't help it!! Don't judge!

We get to confirm little peanut is a girl on March 2nd, and all the sudden I have started fearing she is going to be a he, and all my dreams of pink and dresses are going to be put on the back burner. Either way I will be excited, and love this little peanut but am hoping peanut is a girl.

Life really couldn't get any better, I have the most amazing husband, I love my family, my job is going great, and in four months I will get to meet the little one growing inside of me. It is so funny to be at work, trying to focus on a conference call and feel bam, bam, bam inside your stomach. I know as she gets bigger I will only feel those kicks more and more. It is so crazy to me, such a miracle.

I am trying to decide if we should do the 3D sonogram, has anyone had one done? They seem really cool, my doctor doesn't do them so I need to find someone in Dallas or north Dallas who would do it. I will keep you posted what we find out on March 2nd!!!

2 comments:

  1. You look great! That is the thing I miss most about being prego...felling them move! Enjoy it and cant wait to hear the final verdict:)

    ReplyDelete